New local chapters can be established by a chapter champion, on basis of support from the ITS-CA Board. Formally recognized regional chapter positions in the YPG charter are:
- Chapter Chair – leads meetings, guides direction of group, communicates group activities with ITSCA Board
- Treasurer – manage accounting, event budgets, and revenue from sponsorships and memberships
- Secretary – takes notes at Board meetings, provides list of action items, creates and sends meeting flyers
- Event Committee:
- Tours and Demonstrations Chair (local TMCs, local test sites, technology demonstrations)
- Project Presentations Chair (anyone can present the project they are working on)
- Focused Topic Events Chair (in a forum setting? e.g. CAV, navigating the government (funding, regulatory approvals, etc))
- Professional Development Chair (events to teach young professionals how to network effectively, presentation skills, “toastmasters,” etc)
- Social/Networking Events Chair – happy hours, team-building outings, and other fun events
- Student/University Outreach Chair – reaches out to University students and faculty to learn of transportation research; works together with event committee to incorporate university into events; coordinates presentations and promotion of industry to university students
- Social Media Chair – documents events and posts updates continuously on social media; takes and uploads photos of events on social media for promotion
- Sponsorship Chair – solicits and manages sponsorships for the group as a whole and for individual events
- Membership Chair – solicit membership and creates strategies and incentives for people to become members
- Webmaster – Creates, manages, and updates the website with upcoming events, recaps of past events, and more
Individual chapters may establish additional positions at their discretion.
Greater Los Angeles
This chapter serves Los Angeles and vicinity. If you would like get involved with the LA Chapter, contact Tiffany Huang at email@example.com.
The mission of the Intelligent Transportation Society of California Young Professionals Group (ITSCA YPG) is to foster a community of future leaders in transportation technology by providing a forum for continued education, knowledge sharing, and professional development for young or new professionals in the intelligent transportation industry.
As transportation technology rapidly evolves, young professionals in ITS are eager to understand burgeoning technologies, trends, and transportation strategies that are being developed and implemented worldwide that could change the landscape of the industry. To promote a community of transportation professionals that are socially connected and capable of sharing ideas, technologies, and knowledge, the YPG aims to be inclusive to all who work in the industry, creating a variety of events relevant to traditional ITS professionals and developers and entrepreneurs of vehicle technology.
Through YPG, young professionals can grow their understanding of local projects and initiatives through mutual learning.
The guiding principles of ITSCA YPG are to:
- Provide an inclusive, friendly environment for all young professionals in ITS-related industries to grow their networks.
- Provide a forum to facilitate inter-disciplinary learning.
- Provide opportunities for young professionals to take leadership roles early in their careers. YPG will provide resources for learning leadership skills, including presentation, communication, organization, and other skills that are imperative for success in the industry.
- Allow young professionals to stay engaged with the industry and connected with their peers.
- Keep members up to date with current technology advances and policy updates.
- Trade ideas and discuss policy and planning principles to respond to the transportation revolution.
- Promote members’ continued involvement with ITSCA and ITS America. Prepare and encourage YPG members to present research, projects, and perspective at ITSCA workshops and Annual Meeting.
- Hold events that are valuable to transportation technology software and hardware development companies to facilitate intermingling of private companies and government policy implementers.
About the Young Professionals Group
How to join
If you have any questions, you can email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITS California has reserved a limited number of places for our golf outing on the day before the Annual Meeting kicks off. It’s a great way for you to meet up with your peers and enjoy a relaxing morning of golf. There will some prizes for closest to the pin and longest drive along with some other goodies to add to the fun!
THERE ARE JUST A FEW OPEN SLOTS REMAINING FOR THE GOLF OUTING SO SIGN UP NOW – DON’T MISS OUT!
Please SIGN UP HERE or contact Jeff Spinazze 281.269.6587 with any questions.
Join us to experience:
· Over 500 attendees from public and private sector organizations and academia;
· 13 technical sessions on cutting edge technologies (and low cost solutions) for surface transportation;
· 54 exhibits with a dedicated exhibit hall session, exhibitor reception, raffles, and featuring new this year extended exhibit hall hours;
· Top industry keynote speakers from leading public and private sector organizations in advanced transportation technologies;
· Connected/autonomous vehicle (CAV) demonstrations;
· Tours of the El Camino Testbed and the Bay Bridge;
· ITStraining (topic to be announced);
· The ever-popular Technology Showcase with a revised, faster pace and raffle prizes;
· The ThirdAnnualCalifornia511 Coalition Roundtable; and
· Countless opportunities for networking, including three receptions!
This is the premier event for advanced technologies in surface transportation in the U.S. As always,
access to our exhibit hall is FREE for public sector employees, please register in advance.
This is the best value in the industry. We hope you will join us!
The exhibit hall has grown by 10% again this year to 54 booths. The exhibit hall is central to our event where vendors, consultants, and public sector agencies share the latest in transportation technologies and strategies. EXHIBIT HALL IS SOLD OUT! Booths are sold each year on a first-come first-served basis. Add your name to the wait list to be alerted of 2018 opportunities when sales open. Please click here to sponsor, or if you are already an exhibitor, to register extra delegates for your booth.
San Francisco Airport Marriott
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
1800 Old Bayshore Highway
Burlingame, CA 94010, US
1333 Bayshore Highway
Burlingame, CA 94010, US
|Click here to reserve today!
The 2017 Annual meeting is being held at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. The room block at the Marriott is sold out.
To ensure our attendees have hotel rooms an alternate block of rooms has been reserved at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, which is only 0.8 miles away from the conference, or a 15 minute walk along the waterfront.
Both hotels are served by the same airport shuttle. The shuttle route will transport directly from the Marriott to the Hyatt Regency. The return trip from the Hyatt to the Marriott stops at the airport.